BEST DIWALI RECIPES TO CELEBRATE 2020 WITH!
Diwali is around the corner. It’s the time of the year where we go out to meet our relatives, dress up and prepare various sweets and dishes for all enjoy.
This year is not the same as we thought it to be, but that isn’t a reason to worry. We have come up with few South Asian Diwali recipes to celebrate Diwali in London with your families in the safety of your home.
- Take the dry ingredients and knead them together. Add oil and the required amount of water.
- Let it become a semi-soft dough. Make two equal sizes.
- Take one half of the dough into a Chakli machine.
- Press out roundels of the dough. Putchaklis in a pre-heated oven. The temperature should be around 360°f for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the other half and repeat the same process. Let it cool, the Chakli whirls are ready to use.
- Soak and grind chilli with a little water to make a fine paste.
- Take a bowl, mix the wheat flour, and 1 tsp of red chilli paste with the curd.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add chopped ginger and potatoes and fry for a minute.
- Add the curd and wheat flour mixture and let it boil.
- Add salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Mix all the ingredients except the ghee, and chill for an hour.
- Shape the mixture into flat rounds and pan fry over medium heat till brown on both sides.
- The kebabs are quite soft, so you have to handle them carefully.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Blanch and peel the almonds.
- Soak all the ingredients except sugar in water for about four hours.
- Grind into a fine paste.
- Add the paste to the cold soya milk and strain through a muslin cloth. Discard the residue.
- Add sugar and rose water to the strained soya milk.
- Chill the Thandai and serve with ice.
- Roughly crush the vermicelli.
- Cut the almonds into thick slices. Soak the sultana in hot water and set aside.
- Heat the ghee and fry the almonds. Drain and keep aside.
- Lightly fry the cloves and the cardamom and add the vermicelli. Allow to brown lightly.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Simmer on a slow fire till the milk thickens.
- Add sugar and sultanas. Remove from the fire.
- Allow cooling completely.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop to shop all the ingredients, Indian and South Asian groceries under one virtual roof - try this delicious recipe at home today.