EASY PASTA RECIPES FOR WORLD PASTA DAY!
CHEESY WHITE SAUCE PASTA!
1 cup penne pasta
3 tbsp butter
2 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
2 tsp dried parsley
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add parsley and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
8 tabs spicy or mild sausage
1/2 cup mini pepperoni
400 g tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
500 g pasta
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tabs chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- To make the sauce add onions, garlic powder and oregano in a few tablespoons of olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and seasoning and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Slice 3/4 of the pepperoni.
- Add the cooked pasta (and stir in some of the reserved pasta cooking water). Add the sliced salami to the pasta with the sliced basil.
- Transfer half of the pasta to an oven-proof dish, add half of the cheese then the remainder of the pasta and cheese. Top with the rest of the pepperoni and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, top with more basil and serve.
SPICY CHICKEN PASTA
250g Chicken Breast, at room temp
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
226 g spaghetti
1/2 cup salted butter
6 medium cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon diced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and cayenne pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper.
- Coat in spicy marinade the chicken breasts all the way through so you have 4 even filets
- Add the chicken to the oil and spice blend and coat evenly.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat cook the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat, add the minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until it’s aromatic.
- Once the garlic butter is done, spoon out half of it from the pan into a small bowl.
- Put the pasta into the pan and toss to coat in the garlic butter, mix in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese then mix in 1/3 cup of the starchy cooking water. If it still needs some thinning out, add more starchy water, a little at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and put on top of the spaghetti or beside it, spoon out the rest of the garlic butter on top of both the chicken and spaghetti. Then garnish with fresh parsley, the rest of the parmesan cheese, and some black pepper if desired.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your pasta recipe with us!