MAHA SHIVARATRI FASTING FOOD RECIPES!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- Wash the sago twice in enough water. Drain it.
- In a small bowl soak sago in water for 30 minutes. soak more to reduce the cooking time.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashews, almond and raisins. Set aside
- Bring water in a pot and cook sago pearls until they turn glossy.
- In another pan boil milk, add sugar and let it dissolve. Simmer the milk for 5-7 minutes until it thickens.
- Add the cooked sago pearls and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fried nuts, cardamom and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Mix well and serve warm or chilled by refrigerating it for 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Ingredients2 tabs Ghee
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Green cardamoms
1 Cinnamon stick
1 large Potato diced
2 tsp Rock salt
½ tsp Red chilli powder
3 cup Water
Few Coriander leaves, for garnishing
1/2 tsp Lemon juice
3 tabs Peanuts
1/2 tabs Sugar
2 tabs Green peas
- Take a bowl, add water to it and grate potatoes in it after peeling them. Drain out the water and squeeze the grated potatoes properly to remove the water completely.
- Set aside. Take a deep bottomed pan and keep it on medium flame. Heat ghee in the pan and combine together curry leaves, cloves, cinnamon and cumin seeds in it.
- Saute the mixture for 20 seconds. Then add potatoes, green peas along with salt in the pan.
- Reduce the flame to slow and cook the mixture for 10 minutes to let the potatoes cook properly.
- Stir in equal intervals. Stir in crushed peanuts, chili powder, coriander, lemon juice and cardamoms in the pan and cook again for a minute or two.
- Finally add sugar to the mixture and cook for 1 minute. Remove from flame and serve hot.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Ingredients1 ½ cups Flattened rice /poha
2 tsp Tamarind paste
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
¼ tsp Hing
½ tsp Salt
⅓ cup Water
1 tabs Oil
½ tsp Mustard seeds
2 tsp Almonds
2 Dried Red chilies
3 tabs Coconut fresh grated
2 tabs Chana dal
2 tabs Peanuts
- Wash poha well twice in water.
- Extract tamarind juice and make it one cup with water.
- Add the tamarind juice in to the pan and heat it until it starts to boil.
- Add it to the washed, well drained poha.
- Add turmeric, a pinch of hing and salt to it. Mix well.
- Keep it covered for min 5-10 minutes or until you cook.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds through red chillies and saute till peanuts, almond and dal turn golden brown.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves in the later part to ensure the dals get fried well.
- Lastly add the soaked poha.
- Mix well and gently pat it to level it in the kadai and cook covered in low flame for 3-4 minutes.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience with us.