NAVRATRI FOOD ITEMS – PREPARE WITH KUGANS COLLECTIONS!
CHANA DAL SUNDAL
Ingredients½ cup Chana dal
3 tabs Fresh coconut, grated
½ tsp Mustard seeds
½ tsp Urid dal
A pinch of Hing
A pinch of Turmeric powder
2 Dried red chillies
1 sprig Curry leaves
2 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Soak the chana dal in water for 2 hours.
- Drain and cook it with enough water and turmeric until soft.
- Drain the cooked chana dal and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and urid dal and let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves, hing and broken red chillies and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the cooked chana dal and salt and fry for 1 minutes.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.
MAKHANE KI KHEER
Ingredients2 tabs Ghee
2 cups Makhana
1 l Whole milk
15 strands Saffron
2 tabs Almonds, slivered
2 tabs Cashew nuts, slivered
2 tabs Pistachios, slivered
2 tabs Whole raisins
¼ cup Sugar
2-3 Green cardamoms
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add the makhana and roast them on medium flame till they become crunchy.
- Take the makhana out of the pan and set them aside.
- Grind half the makhana in a blender.
- Boil the milk in another pan. Add the coconut, cardamom powder, and saffron strand to the milk.
- When the milk comes to boil, add the powdered jaggery.
- Keep stirring and mix it thoroughly.
- Add the ground makhana first.
- Follow it up with the rest of the roasted makhana.
- This adds much-needed crunch and texture to the kheer.
- Keep stirring for about eight minutes, till the milk thickens slightly and the makhana softens.
- The consistency of the kheer need not be as thick as rice kheer. Garnish with dry fruits and your makhana kheer is ready!
Ingredients1 cup Roasted gram Dal
¼ cup Ghee, melted
¾ cup Sugar
2 pods Cardamom
8 Cashew nuts
- Add the roasted gram dal, Sugar and Cardamom pods in a blender.
- Blend it to a fine powder and sieve the mixture.
- Chop the cashew nuts into small pieces.
- Now in a mixing bowl add in the blended powder, cashew nuts and melted ghee and mix it well.
- While the ghee is little warm give the mixture a good mix and make golf ball sized balls.
- Serve it.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment below your opinion.