COOKING WITH OLIVE OIL!
WHY OLIVE OIL IS POPULAR FOR COOKING?
Olive oil is most commonly used for heart disease, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. People use the oil from the fruit and seeds, water extracts of the fruit, and the leaves to make medicine. Extra virgin olive oil contains a large amount of monounsaturated fats and some polyunsaturated fatty acids. which experts consider a healthful fat.
HEALTH GOODNESS FROM OLIVE OIL!
The vitamins and antioxidants found in olives may provide important health benefits. The antioxidants in olive oil may help protect the body from cellular damage that can lead to a range of health conditions and diseases. Olives are also rich in vitamin E, which can improve skin health and help your immune system.
OLIVE OIL POACHED FISH
Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook Time: 05 mins
400g Fillets of Fish
½ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
2-4 Cherry Tomatoes, optional
3 Cloves Garlic, sliced
2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Bay Leaf
3 Lemon Rounds
- Heat oven to 275 degrees
- In a baking dish, add the oil, rosemary, garlic and lemon slices, tomato, bay leaf over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Lay the fish filets in a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- Allow the fish to sit for about 5 minutes before putting in the oven.
- Bake until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve relish on the side.
OLIVE OIL BREAD DIP
Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
1 tabs Dried Oregano
1 tabs Dried Basil
1 tabs Dried Parsley
2 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- Pour olive oil into a small serving bowl or plate.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the surface of the oil mixture.
- Serve with bread
Check out Kugans Recipe Page at https://www.kugans.com/pages/recipe where ingredients can be added in one click to the cart. A must try and easy solution to busy individuals, home chefs, or a great option for a family time together.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience on trying these delicious recipes at home.