HEALTHY AND STRONG HAIR WITH SHIKAKAI SHAMPOO!
BENEFITS OF SHKAKAI FOR HAIR
Shikakai is an excellent natural shampoo, conditioner and hair mask ingredient.
- Shikakai is rich with saponins, vitamins and antioxidants that make your hair shiny.
- Heals your scalp and prevents the agony of a dry scalp
- Shikakai is a cooling agent and thus helps soothe your scalp.
- Shikakai has antifungal properties that help get rid of dandruff for good.
- Shikakai works as an excellent natural cleanser that eliminates dirt, oil, sweat and other impurities from your scalp without stripping it of natural moisture.
- Shikakai boosts hair growth
- Shikakai prevents dreadful split ends
- Delays greying of hair!
- Works on hair lice
- Works as a natural hair cleanser
- Soothes an itchy scalp
Ingredients7 to 8 Shikakai pods/ powder
3 to 4 Reetha berries
Hand full of curry leaves (optional)
1 tabs Hibiscus flower powder
1 to 1 ½ liter Water
- Soak all the ingredients overnight in a bowl of water.
- Boil the water with all the ingredients. Begin by heating the mixture on medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, and let it come to a boil. Lower the flame and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled, grind the ingredients.
- Wet your hair and scalp. Just like you use a shampoo, apply the cleanser to your scalp, and along the length of your hair.
- Massage the shikakai shampoo into your scalp gently for three to four minutes, before washing it thoroughly.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience with us.