HEALTHY & QUALITY COOKING OIL FOR YOUR COOKING – FIND HERE!
Healthier cooking oils that can withstand higher cooking temperatures include olive oil, avocado oil, sesame oil, and safflower oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil.
Olive oil- Olive oil is rich in vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant. The primary fatty acid in olive oil is a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid, which studies have shown may have anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties
Avocado oil - avocado oil may help lower blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and triglycerides, high levels of which may increase your risk of heart disease, reducing painful joint inflammation, enhancing the absorption of other nutrients, and protecting cells against free radical damage.
Sesame oil – It’s rich in antioxidants, may reduce inflammation, and may reduce heart disease risk factors. It providing heart-healthy fats, combating inflammation, and protecting skin from sun damage
Coconut oil - Coconut oil is known for its amazing health benefits. Loaded with the benefits of vitamin E, antioxidants and polyphenols, coconut oil helps to prevent weight gain caused due to hormonal imbalance. The medium-chain fatty acids present in the oil are easily digestible and help to boost metabolism.
Rice bran oil - Rice bran oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and has cholesterol-lowering properties. Due to the presence of a component called oryzanol, it is effective in reducing cholesterol.
Mustard oil- Mustard oil often antibacterial properties, this oil can help protect the skin. Mustard oil also fights germs and virus, great to prevent cold, coughs and skin problems.
Sunflower oil - It is a good source of vitamin E. The polyunsaturated in it helps in lowering cholesterol. Also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, fights free radicals, which is especially good for cancer patients. It prevents colon cancer and is helpful in the repairment of the body, boosts the immune system, and also promotes the proper functioning of nervous system.
CHILLI OIL DIP
Ingredients1 cup Dried chili flakes
3 cloves Garlic, finely minced
2 ½ cups Oil
¼ tsp Pepper powder
3 tsp Salt
4 Star anise
2 Bay leaves
1 Cinnamon stick
- Pour the oil in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Heat the oil for about 2-3 minutes until hot. It's very important not to overheat the oil
- When the oil is hot, add in aromatics: ginger, onion, star anise, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Allow this to simmer for at least 20 minutes for best fragrance. Stir occasionally.
- After it’s simmered, remove the aromatics from the oil and discard them.
- Carefully pour the hot oil into your red chili flakes and let it bubble. As it bubbles, stir the flakes with the oil to prevent the flakes from overcooking or burning.
- Add the salt to the mixture and stir well to fully incorporate
- Allow this to cool to touch. Transfer into a large sterilized glass jar and enjoy!
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience with us.