HEALTHY RECIPES WITH VARITY OF BEANS!
BUTTER BEANS KURMA
Ingredients1 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Mustard seeds
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 large Onion chopped
1 small Tomato chopped
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Sambar powder
1 ½ cup Butter beans, cooked
Salt to taste
⅓ cup Grated coconut
1 tsp Roasted gram
½ tsp Fennel seeds
3-4 Green chillies
2 Garlic cloves
½ inch Ginger piece
- Pressure cook the fresh butter beans by adding enough water and salt to it. Cook them for three whistles in medium flame and then open the pressure cooker only after the pressure releases. Set aside.
- Chop onion & garlic for making the paste.
- Take a pan and add oil. Now add the chopped onion and garlic and saute them until cooked.
- After that add the cumin, dry red chili and pepper. Mix everything well and saute for few mins.
- Now add the grated coconut and saute till there is a nice aroma of the coconut in the air. Switch off the stove and allow the mixture to cool.
- Transfer the content into a blender, add water and make a smooth paste.
- Take oil in the pressure cooker, temper mustard and add curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped onion and saute for few mins.
- Next add the potatoes and cook for few mins.
- Time to add tomatoes and cook everything for few mins.
- Now add the coriander powder and then add ground mixture.
- After that add the boiled butter beans and required salt. Pressure cook everything for only one whistle in medium flame.
- Open the pressure cooker after the pressure releases and add the tamarind paste.
- Bring everything to a boil and check the taste. Add the coconut milk switch off the stove.
- The Butter Beans Kurma is ready to be served.
BEAN SALAD DRESSING
Ingredients1 ½ cup Kidney beans, cooked
1 ½ cup Black-eyed peas, cooked
1 cup Corn, cooked
1 large Red bell pepper, diced
½ medium Red onion, diced
½ cup Salad dressing
1 tsp Salt
¼ cup Feta cheese
1 tsp Ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients for dressing then set it aside while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Drain and rinse all the beans to remove any residual packing liquid. Allow the beans to drain in the colander until completely dry.
- In a large bowl, add the drained beans and red bell pepper then stir to combine. Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and stir gently to coat. Cover and allow the salad to marinate at least 1 hour or up to several days. Stir occasionally to ensure that the flavors blend well.
- Remove from the fridge, add feta cheese and chopped cilantro then stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
BAKED EGGS AND BEANS RECIPES
Ingredients1 tbsp Olive oil
2 Red onions, finely sliced
2 Capsicum, sliced
1 large Garlic clove, finely chopped
1 cup Tomatoes, chopped
1cup Kidney beans
¼ cup Baby spinach
Salt & pepper to taste
½ cup Hot sauce, such as sriracha, to serve
Bread, to serve (optional)
1 spring Coriander leaves
1 tabs Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, chilli, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add capsicum, kidney beans, tomatoes, spinach and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spoon the mixture into four 1 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Make an indentation into each bean mixture, and crack an egg into each.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Serve with, avocado, sour cream, lime and bread.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience with us.