HOW TO STORE GROCERYS FOR LONG DAYS – SIMPLE TIPS!
- Fresh products
- Meat & sea food
- Bottled, canned and packed foods
- Dairy products
- Frozen section
- Breakfast & cereals,
- Snacks & sweets
SIMPLE TIPS TO STOTRE YOUR GROCERY FOR LONG TIME AT HOME
- Make sure to promptly refrigerate food items that require a cold temperature.
- When grocery shopping check freshness on packaged food.
- Avoid washing your produce before storing it.
- Avoid storing mushrooms in plastic, store them in a paper bag or cardboard box in either a cool dry place or in the refrigerator.
- Wrap broccoli, lettuce, and celery in foil before storing them in the fridge.
- Store tomatoes at room temperature out of direct sunlight with the stem side down.
- Store meat, poultry, and fish in the coldest spot in your fridge.
- Store nuts in the freezer to keep them fresher longer.
- Avoid chopping fruits and vegetables until you are ready to use them.
- don’t store onions and potatoes together.
- Keep spices away from sunlight and heat.
- Storing greens with paper towels helps maintain a healthy level of moisture.
- Use plastic wrap on bananas.
- Heat honey to get rid of crystals.
- Wash berries in water-vinegar mixture to help keep them plump and fresh for up to twice as long.
- Store dairy upside down.
- Don’t freeze wet produce.
- Divide bulk items into portions that maximize storage time without compromising freshness.
- Storing fresh herbs in oil infuses the oil, and extends the life and flavor of the herbs well beyond the few days.
- Double-check your fridge’s temperature.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience with us.