HOMEMADE INDIAN MASALA RECIPES!
Ingredients1 cup Cumin seeds
½ cup Black cardamom
¼ cup Cinnamon
¼ cup Cloves
¼ cup Peppercorns
4 Bay leaves
¼ cup Coriander seed
- Combine all the ingredients and dry roast them lightly on pan.
- Let them cool slightly then blend them in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Cool completely, then store in an air-tight container for up to 2 months.
Ingredients2 cups whole red chilli
1 1/2 cup Coriander seeds
2 tabs Mustard seeds
3 tabs Cumin seeds
4 tsp Pepper corns
2 tabs Fenugreek seeds
2 tabs Black gram
2 tabs Channa dhal
2 tabs Red lentils
2 tabs Asafetida
2 tabs Turmeric powder
1/4 cup Dried curry leaves
- Roast all the ingredients, except the turmeric powder, till very slightly colored.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Grind to a powder and mix in the turmeric powder.
- Store this masala in an airtight jar.
Ingredients2 tabs Coriander Seeds
7 Red Chilly
½ tsp Fennel seeds
10 Black Pepper Seeds
2-inch Cinnamon Sticks
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 strip Curry leaf
1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Dry roast curry leaves for a min on low flame till it turns crispy.
- Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Dry roast red chilies till it changes its color a bit. Remove from the heat.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom and pepper together till nice aroma comes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind everything together to powder. Add turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container and use when needed.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience with us.