MOTHER’S DAY SPECIAL MENU FOR YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!
SPRING GREEN SALAD
Ingredients1 bunch Asparagus
1/2 Avocado, pitted and diced
¼ cup Fresh mint, chopped
1 Garlic clove, small
1/2 cup Peas, frozen
1 medium Onion
3 handfuls Salad greens
1 tabs Lemon juice
1/4 tsp Sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 tabs Olive oil, extra-virgin
1 tabs White wine vinegar
1/4 cup Pistachios, toasted
1/2 cup Feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp of course salt.
- Boil asparagus for about 4 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and place it in a large bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking further.
- Add all salad ingredients, including drained asparagus, to a large bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting top and shake well.
- Sprinkle with almonds, and serve
- Dress salad and serve.
CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
Ingredients½ kg Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tabs Unsalted Butter
1 large Onion, finely diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tabs All-purpose flour
2 cup Pasta
1 cup Lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Kosher salt and Fresh ground pepper
Lemon slices, crushed red pepper flakes
- Start by boiling water in a large pot. Add a generous amount of salt to the pot of water. This will help to season the pasta. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- While water is heating up, in a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5-6 minutes. Turn up the heat to medium-high and add chicken breast. Saute for 7-8 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Garlic can easily burn so watch it carefully. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream or half-n-half. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest. If you want more lemon flavor, add more lemon zest. Taste sauce and add more salt, if necessary.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
BAKED BLUEBERRY PANCAKE
Ingredients1½ cup Milk
¼ cup Melted butter, slightly cooled
2 large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tabs Sugar
2 cup Flour
4 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
2 cups Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Add sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Carefully stir in blueberries. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment below your opinion.