MIDDLE EASTERN FRESH LAMB RECIPES FOR DINNER!
Ingredients1kg Ground lamb
3-4 tabs Fresh Parsley
2 tabs Fresh Mint
1 Jalapeno, chopped
½ Onion, chopped
6 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Coriander
1 ½ tsp Ground Cumin
¼ tsp Ground Ginger
½ tsp Himalayan Salt
½ tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, mint, jalapeño, and onion. Puree until smooth, the mixture should not be chunky.
- In a large bowl, add lamb, the mixture from the food processor, the seasonings, and mix well.
- Pour olive oil into a large cast iron, or baking sheet. Using a small scoop, take about 2 tablespoons of the lamb mixture, using your hands form it into a ball, and place them onto the cast iron.
- Place the cast iron into the oven and bake the kebob for 15 minutes, turning them half-way through to ensure even cooking and a nice sear on each side.
- Top with Parsley
- Serve with rice, hummus, cucumber and tomato salad and pita.
MIDDLE EASTER – STYLE LAMB SHANKS STEW
Ingredients1 kg Lamb shanks bone
1 large Onion diced
6 cloves Garlic, minced
2 large Carrots, sliced
3 Cinnamon sticks
6 Whole cardamom pods
3 Bay leaves
8 Whole cloves
¼ cup Flour
8 Whole black peppercorns optional
2 tsp Salt
2 tabs Tomato paste
¼ cup Parsley, finely chopped
2 tabs Olive oil
4 cup Rice, cooked
- Start by washing the lamb and rubbing it with salt. Wash off the salt and place the lamb in the pressure cooker and cover with water. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Once the foam is skimmed off, add the whole spices, flour, onion, tomato paste, carrot, garlic and salt, and allow it to cook at a low rolling boil for 1-2 hours.
- Check the water periodically and add more as needed to ensure the lamb is fully covered.
- Remove the lamb and place it in an oven safe dish. Strain the broth from the whole spices and set aside.
- At this point, if you want a more seasoned tasting lamb, rub it with your favourite spice blend such as the middle eastern seven spice blend.
- Cover the lamb tightly with foil and roast it in the oven at 400F for 2-3 hours until it is falling off the bone tender.
- Be sure to check it with a fork. During the last 10 minutes, remove the foil and broil the top to get some colour.
- Finely chop the parsley
- Start by adding the rice to a large serving dish, then top with the lamb shanks
- Sprinkle the parsley on top. Serve with a rice.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience on trying these tasty recipes at home.