RAMADAN SPECIAL AUTHENTIC DISHES – TRY NOW AND ENJOY!
Ingredients1 cup Lamb (boneless)
½ cup Moong dal (washed)
¼ cup Chana dal
¼ cup Wheat (broken)
3 tabs Ghee
4 Bay leaves
Pinch of saffron
1 tabs Green chilly paste
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Green cardamom
2 tsp Garlic paste
2 tsp Ginger, grated
½ cup Onion, fried
3-4 litter Lamb stock
Salt to taste
- Soak the broken wheat and dals overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Take a large vessel and add the soaked wheat, dals, salt and 12 cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil and keep stirring on low heat until the wheat is thoroughly cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the onions, green chilli and whole spices.
- Fry till the onion turns golden brown.
- Next throw in the ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes till the raw smell vanishes from it.
- Add in the mutton and tomatoes. with the red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Cook till the mutton is tender.
- Either shred the cooked mutton with hand using a fork or blend coarsely.
- Add the mutton masala to the cooked wheat. Keep stirring and cook until it becomes a thick paste.
- Serve hot garnished with fried onions, coriander & mint leaves and lemon juice.
Ingredients1 ½ cup Roasted Vermicelli
½ tsp Mustard Seeds
½ tsp Cumin seeds
2 tabs Cashews optional
8-10 leaves Curry Leaves
1 Green and red bell Pepper chopped, optional
1 tsp Ginger grated
½ cup Onion chopped
½ cup Carrots grated, optional
¼ cup Green peas optional
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Lime juice
Coriander leaves to garnish
2 Green chilies, finely chopped
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
¼ tsp Red chilli powder, optional
½ tsp Garam masala
¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- Heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds to it, as soon as the mustard starts to crackle, add green chillies, cumin seeds to it.
- Immediately add onion and cook till it becomes light brown.
- Now add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt, turmeric, bell pepper, garam masala and black pepper. Allow these spices and tomatoes to cook.
- Put all the vegetables in it and cover it with a lid for 3-4 minutes and cook on low heat.
- Add the vermicelli and water and allow the water to come to a boil on high heat, slow the flame and stir the vermicelli and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook till 7 to 8 minutes. Stir it every 2-3 minutes
- Turn off the gas and take out in a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
SPECIAL HAREERA DRINK
Ingredients3 cup Full fat Milk
4 tabs Almond, powdered
1 tsp Whole Wheat Flour / Ragi powder
2 ½ tabs Sugar
2 ½ tabs Ghee
Pinch of Saffron
Pinch Cardamom Powder
- Make a fine powder of the almond.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add ghee.
- Now add wheat flour / ragi flour and roast on low heat till it starts giving a nice aroma.
- Now add almond powder and roast on low heat to a nice golden colour.
- Now add milk and saffron and let it come to a boil and then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and switch off the flame.
- Now add cardamom powder and remove from the flame.
- Cook on low heat till the ragi is cooked. About 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or chilled. You can serve this harira garnish with Pistachio slices.
Kugans is your go-to one-stop-smart-shop for all Indian, Sri Lankan, and South Asian groceries under one digital roof. Stay safe, stay indoors, we will deliver to your doorstep. Keep an eye on the Kugans Blog for more new, informative and exciting blogs.
Leave a comment to share your experience with us.